improve your post event learning
- Keep it simple and focus on the four key questions – What was meant to happen? What actually happened? Why did it happen? How can we improve next time?
- Be wary of simply documenting the lessons – a lesson documented is not a lesson learned.
- Aim for a face-to-face meeting with an atmosphere of candid learning – leave status at the door and accept that no one has all the information, everyone has something useful to contribute.
- Hold meetings while memories are fresh, sub-divide a long project into chunks if necessary.
- Draw lessons from both successful and unsuccessful projects.